Thursday, June 19, 2008

So you wanna be a Costume Designer....

Photobucket



My biggest ambition (and the one I hope to fulfill later in life) is to someday work on a Hollywood set as the Costume Designer of the picture; not the wardrobe assistant, not the set dresser, but the designer. I want to be the person's whose imagination, creativity and wardrobe savvy mind was hired.

But for now, I have a long way to go. I'm still in the learning process and I'm taking everything in stride. I have to stay grounded and remember to absorb as much as I can about the actual design process and the aspects of the business. That will take time, patience and an open mind.

Though I'm not an expert; I do feel I can offer some advice and personal accounts (at least in relation to what I've learned myself working in my college productions and the design skills I honed from high school up until now) . So, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will be as honest as possible and answer as best as I can.

I set up a blog to discuss the great work of many Costumers, the movies, and offer suggestions on what kind of skills would be good to learn, what types of classes or schools will help build these skills and any other related information for those who are curious.



No comments: